HOW THE GRID WORKS:
YOU MUST HAVE A THREE DAY PASS TO PARTICIPATE IN LAST CALL LIVE
1) All participants will have the opportunity to select songs and parts they would like to play. Selections will be made with "Virtual Chips." Each musician will be allotted THREE CHIPS . Two of those chips can be used to ADD or JOIN a song, the third chip can only be used to join an existing song. You are not required to use all your chips. When you add a new song to The Grid, you are the designated "Captain" of that song ....and that comes with some responsibilities: You are required to initiate a new Facebook Group Page for that song, so that you and your future team of players on that song will be able to communicate about topics such as song versions, instrumentation, time signatures, song endings, and more. When the song has a full roster of players, it is up to you encourage the communication between participants on that song and mediate any relevant discussions. Once a song roster of players is complete, the song "Goes Green" and will be scheduled to be performed.
a.) Backing Vocals are FREE fields. You will not need to use any of your chips when you choose to perform backing vocals on up to three songs. You cannot initiate a new song on The Grid if you are only performing a backing vocal.
b.) If you play more than one instrument on the same song such as: Vocals & Sax, Guitar & Flute, Drums & Vocals, you will only need to use ONE CHIP for that song, and it will cover ALL the instruments and vocals you are playing in that song.
2) We ask that when you select songs, keep in mind what kind of music the audience has come to see and hear. Also, choose songs that you truly feel have real appeal for our musicians and will fill up on The GRID. If you choose a particularly obscure Prog song, don't be too surprised if few of the other musicians join you, and you will essentially be wasting your chip. The same applies to songs that are "almost" Prog, but not quite (Kashmir, Strawberry Fields Forever, etc). Hopefully all of us will think collectively about what we're doing and why, by challenging ourselves to play great Progressive Music, not just our personal faves, or songs that are easy to play. We are also trying to avoid a "Greatest Hits" show. So please bear this in mind.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Initially There will be a three song limit on music from any single Band/Artist. This will help us to stay diversified and encourage us to dig a little deeper when selecting songs. We may adjust that limit as The Grid fills. Due to the show being only 3 to 3-1/2 hours in duration, song length is limited to 10 minutes per song MAXIMUM, so we can get as many songs in as possible. If you choose a longer song, you must all agree to perform an abridged version. We are also going to create a separate list for "Prog Epics" (12 to 20 minutes long) Only ONE of these songs will be performed due to our strict time restraints. That one song will be voted on and awarded by ProgStock attendees in a public Facebook Poll immediately before the Last Call Live Grid closes. The epic song will have a prominent position in the show. You ARE allowed to lobby for votes for your song.
4) SPECIAL NOTE #1 "Featured Artists" We are expecting that several ProgStock Featured Artists will be joining audience members on the "Last Call Live" stage. Those Artists will be able to add songs to The Grid that they would like to perform. They may also choose to join existing songs on the The Grid. Any "Last Call Live" Player is welcome to use one of their three chips to join a Featured Artist on any song.
5) SPECIAL NOTE #2 "Dream Team Song" - Each player can use one of their allotted chips to form a Dream Team which will allow a group of like-minded players to put together a team in advance to play one particular song. A player can only participate in ONE Dream Team Song. One player will fill out the "Add A Song" Form on behalf of all players on that song. Write in the remaining players names in the "comments field" on the form. As soon as the song hits The Grid, it is complete, and the Song will "Go Green" being designated as a Dream Team Song.
7) IMPORTANT NOTE: Once a song fills up with players, the song is a "GO". At any point before a song is complete, you can request to leave a song, donate your part to a new player, or swap with a player on another song. However, once a song is completed and goes green it is your responsibility to find another musician to fill the slot that you vacated, in fairness to the other players on the song who may have been working on their parts for several weeks or months.
WE WILL KEEP TRACK OF HOW MUCH AVAILABLE TIME IS REMAINING ON THE GRID.
ONCE WE RUN OUT OF TIME THE GRID WILL CLOSE, AND ANY INCOMPLETE SONGS WILL BE DELETED.
Thanks for your support!!!
The ProgStock "Last Call Live" Grid Team